Quote

I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires.
- Khalil Gibran

Monday, July 7, 2008

Sharifah: At The Beach

At the beach.
The wind caressed my hair playfully the second I left the protection of the car, tickling my face with it. One inhalation and the sharp taste of brine entered my system. The early morning light seemed brighter and blinded my tired eyes. Waves hitting the beach and the sound of seagulls created a natural harmony, calming the soul. I kicked off my shoes and began walking in the sand. The coarse, damp sand left an uncomfortable feeling between my toes which had marked the otherwise smooth shore with a trail of footprints. The cool water provided relief for my feet, the smell of salt almost dizzying. The heat of the sun felt noticeably stronger, my cheeks not quite burning but more than warm. This pushed me to enter the cloudy blue water, dazzling like a jewel in the sunlight.

No comments: