Quote

I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires.
- Khalil Gibran

Monday, July 7, 2008

Asyiqin: Diary Entry

Never in the deepest confines of my mind would I consider the possibility of anyone finding me, especially him, at the brink of losing my rationality. My sadness at that time made my soul similar to a withered flower which was about to detach itself from its stalk. He pulled me from my snow-filled chasm by helping me release my hold on the pains of the past and embrace the present.

I cherish the fact that my troubled years and tears became the bonds of tomorrow and led me to his direction. He, who was in my life all along, has always been waiting at the end of my tattered road to finally melt my icy heart and make me open my mind to a world of opportunities.

Whenever thoughts about him wafts into my conscience I begin to feel a mixture of fulfillment and yet discontent, immense bliss and yet vexing melancholy. I fear that my precious memories with him will become as fragile as snowflakes which disappear as soon as they land on the palm of my hand.

However, those thoughts will surely vanish as soon as I see him. That is why I chose him. The demons won’t retreat indefinitely but as long as I have him by my side, his tender warmth in my heart, I will be able to face the world with a different yet positive mindset. I realise now that the eternal bond that I’m about to create will enlighten me in a thousand different ways.

I need his presence. I need him to give me strength. I want to see him. I need to see him. Ah! That should be him now. I have to leave. To open the door that will lead to a new path. A path I hope will be filled with new memories and never-ending joy.

1 comment:

amirul said...

wow. thats really deep. i felt like i was taking a peek into your soul