Quote

I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires.
- Khalil Gibran

Monday, July 7, 2008

Asyqin: Descriptive Writing 5

Task One

His eyes burn with fervour like deep, molten embers embedded in gloomy, lifeless sea. His harmonious voice could be easily mistaken for the enchanting yet enticing voice of the angels. His skin is as white as the newly fallen single of snow. His lips remind of the crimson shade of rubies. His hair is styled in such a way that he is thought to be strong and silent although he is actually rather juvenile. He is wearing a raven, leather jacket on top of a white singlet and is accessorised with a peculiar looking trinket.

Task Three

In a state of oblivion:

I could see abundant, verdant meadows as far as the eyes could struggle to see. Petite roseate periwinkles flourished from the earth below. A rainbow gleamed and radiated with transcendent brilliance in the heavens above. Stars pranced about on the arch of colours in the firmament, showering me with sparkles of their celestial stardust.

I could whiff umpteen rejuvenating fragrances materializing from all around me. The enthralling, saccharine aroma of assorted fruits filled the air.

I could savor a sugary yet bitter taste from the succulent extract of the berries which grew on the white, blossomed shrubs. The delightful taste gave me an illusion of the peace and tranquil of the heavens above.

I could hear the tender whoosh of the breeze, the hushed whispers of the leaves and the quivering flutter of crystal wings. Although it was very faint, I could detect a few familiar voices but it was too soft. I strained my ears to see but it was in vain.

I could feel the gentle wind against my face and the mild brush of moisture from morning dew. I embraced the feeling of serenity and refused to let go. I wish to stay here, deep in my consciousness, forever.

No comments: