Quote

I prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, than lord among those without dreams and desires.
- Khalil Gibran

Monday, July 7, 2008

Asyiqin: Descriptive Writing Worksheet

14th December was a tranquil, soothing day. Down by the coy-filled stream, a majestic, rainbow-coloured bird sat whistling a calming tune. The merry sun levitated in the clear, baby blue sky. “Oh, how pleasant to have such a relaxing ambience all to myself,” I thought.

Then, a menacing bird zoomed rapidly in my direction. From the shape of its black, gigantic wings and its scaly, clawed legs I knew it brought with it foul news. It carried a creepy leather envelope over its wing. “Who knows what apocalyptic waste it had inside?” I thought.

The imperial fluff ball son stopped chirping a harmony, and flew away in haste. I should’ve done the same. The intimidating bird rushed forwards and landed near me. Even though it was an unsightly bird, it was comforting to have a friend. I took the red envelope off his wing and in it was a deathly instruction. It said, “Mundane adjectives made for awful writing. You had better reform the whole extract.” That meant I knew I had to do umpteen amounts of work.

No comments: